4 ounces Casarecce pasta
12 cherry tomatoes – a mix of red and yellow, if available
5 ounces tuna in water – drained
Pinch of oregano
2 tablespoons EVOO
Fresh basil leaves
1 small onion – finely chopped
- Bring 4 quart pot of water to a rapid boil then add pasta and sea salt, cooking pasta according to package directions minus 2 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, start sauce.
- In pan, heat EVOO with finely chopped onion.
- Add washed and halved cherry tomatoes, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add oregano and basil leaves.
- Add drained tuna and mix with tomatoes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of pasta water to create a delicate sauce of tuna and tomatoes. Salt to taste.
- When pasta is cooked, using a slotted spoon, remove pasta from water and put in pan with sauce. Toss over a low heat for two minutes and serve.
Substitute canned crabmeat for tuna to create a delicious variation of this dish.