ROASTED LEEKS AND FINGERLING POTATOES from Kristi Barto of Fifth Month Farm
- 1 bunch of 4-5 leeks
- 2 pints of fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 ½ T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove green tops from leeks.Trim white ends. Cut remaining white section of leeks into 1”-½” rounds. Place in a colander. Rinse in cold water.
- Rinse fingerling potatoes in cool water and slice lengthwise.
- Place sliced potatoes and leeks into a medium sized bowl.Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat leeks and potatoes.
- On a large sheet tray lined with parchment or foil, spread out mixture of leeks and potatoes. allowing plenty of space.
- Put in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Midway through roasting, be sure to toss your vegetables around the pan so they brown on both sides.
- Remove from oven and place in a medium bowl. Add chopped parsley and enjoy.
Leeks, fingerling potatoes and flat-leaf parsely were grown by Fifth Month Farm
Sockeye salmon from J.B. Kelly Seafood Connection
Organic olive oil to coat the vegetables from Oilo Olive Oils & Balsamics
Oilo Olive Oils & Balsamics top-selling lemon in white balsamic used in the glaze on the salmon.
OXO non-stick pro baking sheet is available at Zest!